Monday, February 9, 2015

Gah, Steam/Origin Conversion Problems, AND Finding out that Valve & EA Are Fighting It Out

My spirit friend likes to hang out with me while I play Sims. He gives tips for decorating, and traits, and so on. Bit O' Help here & There.

My base game, which came with an EP (Pets) was a bundle, and I bought that from Steam. I got an email about games on Origin, and after watching videos, (Got pretty enthralled with that) and reading about the EP, I made the purchase. I saved $10, which will surely add up when I acquire more EPs. I said I want Generations, Late Night & Seasons. Possibly the Travel one. I don't remember the name right now.

I didn't uninstall Steams version of Sims3 first. Which you were sposed to. But I REALLY REALLY didnt want to lose my Sims, aghhh...Scawy!

 I loaded up the game, and they seemingly were working together, and found my saves, and Sims there, but noticed my Store Content wasn't showing up. Frustrating. I wondered if I cared. Or if it was because I had the game started up when I installed the content. But realized that wasn't true, because I knew from playing the "bundle" that they items appeared instanteously into the game, once purchased. (Some are free!) thesims3.com You can get "Riverview" for free, and a few other things. It's been recommended -not- to use the Exchange..

Anyways, we put our heads together to try to figure out how to get MY SIMS & SAVES into the game, once uninstalling Steams version. I think it will work, but I have yet to try out Supernatural.

I played Sims3 with Pets Ep for awhile, with my saved Sims fortunately appearing there, but Moonlight Falls (Supernatural Town) wasn't loading, and it said the Ep wasn't installed, (which I was just checking to see if it worked and what would happen) and this was really cute. It also said my Store Content wasnt installed (actually something like the objects werent available, and had been replaced)

Cute, a Clydesdale with Hearts over her head. I want to Add Her To My Family. I love her. What kinda sucks about The Sims Pets is that the pets require a lot of care, and all of that, and can get lonely. They also kinda fail at taking care of themselves, more than the Sims people.


My Sims House


We got the blacklights turned on, love the look! 

That's my RP characters Murphy and Miguel. Thinking about finding them a GF each, and having Miguel start a family,  and also making transforming Miguel into a werewolf, and Murphy into a vampire! Murphy was instantaneously attracted to "Kim", a sim already in the game, and I APPROVE, but unfortunately, the save messed up from that playing, not this last recent one. I guess it will be Murphy and Miguel's little secret that they like to sleep in the bed next to each other, LOL. They have their own freaking rooms and go to bed in the same bed! OOOOK, gay boys.

PS. I played Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims for PS2 (Pets version and Sims version) and now playing Sims 3! A lot of people seem to be saying that Sims 3 is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment